“…they will seduce your tastebuds and make you beg for more…”
Oh, white chocolate! For the love of all tight and cellulite free bums everywhere, why do you mock me so? And your old pal, the Macadamia nut – who’s salty, creamy, crunchiness makes me wish I could plant you in my backyard so that I could just gorge on you whenever I felt like it. No, I understand you don’t come off the plant roasted in salt etc etc.; but I’m just saying. You. Are. So. Yummy. And when the two of you get together? You make my favourite cookie of all time.
It is ridiculous how divine these two ingredients taste when they get together. And when I make these cookies, I get into big trouble from Big Bear because it’s impossible to just have one. These cookies can not just sit in your kitchen ignored. No way Jose. On your countertop, in your refrigerator, or in my favourite place – the freezer – your attention they will demand. And white chocolate and Macadamia nut cookies always get what they want. They will seduce your tastebuds and make you beg for more. Do yourself a favour and just submit. Submit to the cookie. ♥
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup salted Macadamia nuts, broken into chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the oven rack into the middle section of the oven.
- In a stand up mixer with the paddle attatchment or with a hand held mixer, cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine well.
- Slowly mix in the flour, a half cup at a time and keep mixing until it is well incorporated into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Fold in the Macadamia nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon sized balls onto the prepared baking sheet, being sure to keep about 2 inches between the balls.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes. Cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.